In this blog post
MSPs (Managed Service Providers) assist businesses of all sizes in managing their IT infrastructures. MSPs have traditionally provided services for a fixed physical IT infrastructure. As more businesses rely on digital transformation services and solutions, cloud-based infrastructure is becoming more popular. MSPs that do not provide cloud services are considered out of date now. MSPs must diversify their services and begin offering cloud services in order to compete in the market. However, providing cloud services to organisations in 2022 will present several challenges. MSPs can easily manage cloud-based infrastructures on behalf of their clients with the right technology. Continue reading to learn why MSPs should consider offering cloud services in 2022.
Role of MSPs in supporting organizations
Before you can understand the need for cloud services, you should understand how managed service providers (MSPs) can assist businesses. In this digital age, businesses and organisations rely on their IT infrastructure to survive. These organisations rely heavily on IT infrastructure management and monitoring. MSPs are frequently used by businesses to manage their IT infrastructures. An MSP can remotely monitor and manage an organization’s IT infrastructure. MSPs help organisations increase revenue in addition to streamlining their IT infrastructure. An organization’s chances of increasing service availability improve if its IT infrastructure performs well. An MSP can provide the following types of services:
- A pure-play MSP manages the IT infrastructure of an organization. Pure-play MSPs usually find ways to help an organization retain its technology. If the technology used by the organization performs to its fullest, service availabilitywill be boosted.
- Apart from maintaining the current technology used in an organization, an MSP can also offer additional technology to enhance the IT infrastructure. A value-added MSP combines current technology with automation technology to get the most out of the IT infrastructure.
- An outsource MSP usually manages the IT infrastructure of clients remotely. In this case, an MSP will use its technology and devices to monitor and improve the IT infrastructure. Organizations prefer outsourced MSPs as they can slash in-house operational costs.
MSPs will be essential for business organisations in 2022. The global market for MSPs is expanding at a CAGR of more than 10%. According to current estimates, the global market for MSPs will exceed USD 250 billion by the end of 2022. MSPs will continue to grow as the industry shifts to cloud services. MSPs must provide cloud services. Businesses are rapidly shifting to a cloud architecture in order to reduce costs and increase revenue. If you are an MSP and is still not offering cloud services, you should reconsider your business strategy. Let us understand about the advantages of providing cloud services by MSPs in 2022.
Why is it vital for MSPs to offer cloud services in 2022?
The following are some of the main reasons why MSPs should use cloud services:
- To improve cybersecurity – Cybersecurity is a major concern for organizations using an IT infrastructure. According to recent studies, more than 50% of ransomware attacks are conducted on small and medium-sized organizations. It is because medium and small-sized organizations use outdated physical infrastructure and technology. With the help of the cloud, MSPs can manage the IT infrastructure of medium and small-sized organizations. With the power of the cloud, an MSP can offer an unmatched level of security to organizations. Most business organizations are looking to ditch their physical IT infrastructures and jump to cloud-based architectures. MSPs can help organizations transit easily from a physical IT infrastructure to a cloud-based infrastructure. MSPs also have to install a cloud architecture at their premises to manage other IT infrastructures remotely.
- Reduce costs – Cloud computing can help MSPs to slash operational costs. With a cloud-based architecture, MSPs can easily monitor the IT infrastructures of their clients remotely. You don’t have to rely on on-site employees to monitor the IT infrastructure. For the same reason, organizations opt for a cloud-based IT infrastructure. Storage and servers are hosted in the cloud and can be easily managed. Business organizations outsource the management of cloud-based servers to a reliable MSP. By doing so, businesses can vacate many skilled positions and slash overhead costs, this will result in overall IT cost optimization. If an MSP isn’t offering cloud services, an organization may find the MSP incompetent to manage its cloud-based infrastructure.
- Continuous support – By offering cloud services, an MSP can ensure continuous support. Physical infrastructure can fail at times due to power outages or system failures. A cloud architecture does not fail easily, even during power outages or service issues. It helps MSPs by boosting service availability and completing routine tasks without any hassle. Even if a service issue occurs, MSPs can complete routine tasks like incident resolution or system monitoring. If you are an MSP, you can offer assurance of continuous support to your clients. Organizations prefer an MSP that can monitor and resolve service issues within their IT infrastructure at any hour. With a cloud architecture, you can always monitor the IT infrastructure, even when at a remote location. However, MSPs will have to couple the cloud architecture with automation technology to perform round-the-clock monitoring.
- Scalability – Organizations often have to expand their computing power of available resources. Scaling a physical infrastructure based on customer demand is tricky. Physical infrastructure isn’t flexible and can be a headache for ever-growing business organizations. That is why businesses look for a cloud-based infrastructure that can be scaled when needed. If an MSP offers cloud services, it can help the client expand its IT resources or computing power when needed. IT infrastructure managed services aren’t scalable with physical architecture.
There are a variety of reasons why MSPs should provide cloud services in 2022. The demand for cloud enablement services will rise in the coming years. Cloud computing is becoming increasingly important as organisations prefer digital transformation services and solutions. Switching to cloud-based services will provide an MSP with the necessary speed, agility, and effectivity. MSPs can also use AIOps (Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations) to remotely monitor cloud infrastructures. Begin providing cloud-based services right away!