In this blog post
Passwordless Era is Here!
Angie, Payroll Manager, went to the Cybersecurity team to report her phishing email attack. She was terrified after she realized that she entered her password on a fake bank site, which was morphed for a targeted credential harvesting attack.
Unfortunately, it is far too common for people to click on fake URLs and enter their credentials in seemingly genuine-looking websites.
Therefore, now is the time to go Passwordless with an authenticator app or FIDO2 (Fast Identity Online) security keys that eliminates the use of those credentials. The attacker can’t mount a harvesting attack on a website if there is no password field. It is a secure method where users can log in to their e-mail, applications, and systems using face ID, fingerprint, biometrics, push notifications without typing or remembering their passwords.
There are numerous business benefits of using Passwordless and FIDO2, and it is the current breakthrough in secure digital transformation.
- Increased security for clients and employees by preventing phishing, malware keylogging, credential harvesting, and network sniffing attacks that avoids high data breach costs.
- Reduced user friction and fast user authentication experience since clients and employees will no longer have to face password fatigue and will not be required to fulfill the compliance and legal liability for the organization.
- Assurance of the fact that only the right people are authorizing sensitive transactions because passwords do not prove identity.
- Employees and customer success teams can reclaim their time from password resets, including the Incident Response team, because they do not need to identify and reset all compromised accounts daily.
- No more password policy administration.
- Users unlock cryptographic login credentials with their own devices or by leveraging easy-to-use FIDO2 security keys.
Organizations can go about their Passwordless journey by planning technology needs, enrollment methods, and costs. Most browsers, identity, and security providers enable Webauthn. FIDO2 standards will revolutionize the way that people securely authenticate to the web.
Please feel free to request a FIDO2 based Passwordless demo. You may reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org