By Dhileep Kumar KR, Associate Manager.
Network Operations Centers (NOC) continuously monitor the alerts qualified to be incidents, classify and prioritize them and communicate to the concerned support team and track them until it is resolved. They play a pivotal role in performing functions like troubleshooting, coordinating with IT/ Non-IT support functions, follow up with service providers. The network operation centers are divided into multiple tiers in order to escalate problems in a hierarchic manner and resolve them within the stipulated time. The network operation centers are designed to monitor network, systems, applications, WAN links, Utility and telecommunication related problem and informs the concerned support team about the incidents that require special attention in order to avoid impact on infrastructure performance.
Advantages of Network Operation Center:
- Reliable source of support: NOCs are designed with the expertise to help allocate resources more effectively and cut costs without affecting infrastructure stability by creating a revenue-based service model. NOC services act as business continuity partner for secure, dependable monitoring after traditional business hours.
- Customizable Services: NOC service packages help enterprises to customize their support requirements and opt for the surveillance, conditional notification and monitoring system that it requires. The NOC can be designed taking into cognizance the expected traffic from previous data and accordingly can set benchmarks for immediate and timely identification, isolation and diagnoses of system to minimize business interruptions.
- Extended service level agreements: Enterprises have the option to allow their NOC service providers to contact their vendors and customers directly as per SLA to request action when there is interruption and provides them continuous updates on the status.
- Enhanced quality control: NOC service providers operate from centralized and collaborative setups which makes it easier for the management to ensure right access to information and tools required to fulfill quality support.
- Increases customer trust: Further it helps to build accountability and trust among customers as all the internal and external tools and solutions are stitched and managed together and avoids compliance issues.
GAVS’ NOC platforms are centrally located where IT personnel can directly support the efforts of remote infrastructure monitoring. Further, the platform helps to gain insight into different aspects of business and control IT infrastructure by using cloud based predictive analytics tools, automating mundane tasks. GAVS NOC’s Zero Incident Framework (ZIF) provides a pathway to achieve higher performance and business goals.