Modern day automation is all about achieving a capable control system using intelligent devices. It is going to accelerate with initiatives like internet of things which will help to increase performance and lower software maintenance costs.
It removes complicated middleware software which helps to streamline and create better system architectures that are more responsive, effective and affordable. Real-time control is used to drive processors achieve high standards using distributed controllers, sensors and actuators.
Automation reduces operational complexities
- It extracts data from legacy system and uses it to automate manual processes to save time and reduce human errors.
- It simplifies the planning process by creating a centralized system for corporate, finance and operations department.
- It will help to analyze different cost and the its impacts.
- It provides access to the best and most trusted sources when dealing with financial matters.
- Helps to gain strategic insights using real time data and different virtualization tools.
Role of automation in different business scenarios:
Internet of Things
Requires real time data which is generated using automated devices and applications like sensors, controls and software installed within different processes. It uses this information to setup a response system which can monitor multiple check points and repair faults without human intervention.
For big data to be successful, there is need to develop a centralized enterprise system which can provide all the business information. Automation makes it possible to access the entire business process environment like ERP processes and databases, data integration activities, data warehouse solutions and business information solutions without human intervention.
Business process Integration
Businesses are looking for ways to integrate processes. Automation helps to monitor and deliver different data applications, storage & files systems and other information to different departments. The information is automatically transformed to meet specific process and people requirements. It alerts and notifies system malfunctions and provides remote access to troubleshoot them using multiple devices.
Real time process automation
Business need to consider internal and external factor while taking crucial decisions. Real time automation tool integrates with multiple components which automatically collect information at all levels including screen scrapping, digital image recognition, external & internal servers and website links. It uses this information to provide company’s performance scorecards and factors influencing them.
Integrated machine design
Manufacturing firms are constantly looking for ways to build machinery in a more efficient manner. Firms use automation designing functions like PLC programming, device configuration and operator panel design to get the desired results. Automation is also used to achieve right combination of pressure control, heater control, servomotor control, image processing and vibration analysis.
Machine to Machine automation
Businesses face problem in allocating human resources to performance repetitive operations like manual checking as well as manage uncertain work volumes. IT automation can help robots interact with other robots and automatically manage workflows depending upon the work volumes without human intervention. It automatically interacts with multiple applications at user interface level reducing errors.
Automation of additive manufacturing
Certain products must be designed using 3D technology and printed in precision environment. The modern-day 3D printers automatically gauge environmental factors and perform functions like updating of order status, managing print operations and reducing hardware variation without any human intervention. It performs these functions using real time data provided by external devices.
Different parameters to be considered before investing in automotive technologies:
- Determining the most specific areas that need improvement within the organization and accordingly set performance targets.
- Gain good knowledge about the new technologies that are to be implemented and how it will help to achieve the expected performance levels.
- Understanding the different types of organizational implications, the new technology will bring and the ways to align them with future vision.