In this blog post
How AI can help in Disaster Recovery and Protection?
A company faces many challenges when it is going through its digital transformation implementation, one of the challenges is to go through the implementation of a strong disaster recovery program. IT downtime and failure can end up in the loss of business and customer data. Businesses try their best to reduce the count of power outages to avoid any loss of data. However, power outages can still occur and, protecting data is of utmost importance.
Common issues with legacy tools in disaster recovery and protection
For what reason do you have to move to AI-based tools for reducing outages? Businesses moved to AI-based tools because legacy tools cannot handle the complexity of modern-day IT infrastructure. Application performance monitoring is an important process for predicting IT outages. Traditional monitoring tools are not able to monitor the performance of applications and software systems rigorously, this leads to unpredicted IT failures. In order to adapt with the complexity of modern-day IT infrastructures, AI for application monitoring is used. Let’s check out how AI helps in overcoming these challenges and reducing IT failures.
Role of AI in predicting potential risks
In 2021, the greatest difficulty for firms will be predicting potential IT threats. When it comes to understanding the potential risks associated with their IT infrastructure, they are blind. Even if you conduct a manual analysis, you may miss the IT vulnerabilities in your digital infrastructure.
Prediction of IT risks with the help of AI for application monitoring:
- AI-based monitoring tools can perform data analysis with higher accuracy. They can compare large sets of business data that cannot be analyzed manually.
- AI for application monitoring can predict IT risks that haven’t even occurred yet. It helps IT professionals in predicting unknown risks associated with the IT infrastructure.
- AI can predict the IT risks that are more likely to occur based on the current situation of your IT infrastructure. It helps businesses in implementing a better strategy for disaster recovery and protection.
- Besides IT risks, power outages also occur within the IT infrastructure. An important software system could abruptly stop working as it has reached its exhaustive capacity. Power outages and sudden shutdowns can result in data loss. AI-based tools use predictive analysis models to know when a system will fail or stop working.
AIOps (Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations) is the most used AI-based tool for application performance monitoring presently. AIOps can monitor application performance in great detail. Each software system or endpoint connected to the IT infrastructure will send telemetry data to it for collection. The data collected by the AIOps-based platform is then examined to identify any IT infrastructure risks. Without any manual intervention, an AIOps-based analytics platform accomplishes all of this.
Ways AI can provide improved insights for disaster recovery and protection
The role of AI in protecting sensitive company data can also be observed. Organizations have access to confidential customer data and information. AI assists a company in developing stronger policies to protect their corporate data. For example, an AIOps based analytics platform can provide useful information that can be leveraged to make an improved disaster prevention strategy. Business impact analysis is carried out by AI-based tools to determine which components of the IT infrastructure require more protection. They can also inform you of the potential for data loss as a result of any IT issue. An analytics platform built on AIOps is far superior to someone performing manual analysis. When you feed a data set to an analytics platform that is built on AIOps, it can provide significant insights in less time. An AIOps-based analytics platform keeps track of all previous IT outages, allowing it to deliver greater insights.
AIOps can help in preventing data loss
An AIOps-based analytics platform continuously records all log data, telemetry data, and customer data. If data is lost as a result of an IT outage, an AIOps-based platform can assist IT professionals in recovering it. Even for complex cloud-based IT systems, AIOps is effective. Temporary data and processes are stored in cloud architecture and are deleted the next second. You can recollect such processes and data in the cloud architecture using an AIOps-based analytics platform.
AIOps makes Disaster recovery simple
When there is a power outage in the IT infrastructure, you must respond immediately to ensure service availability. The following are some of the ways that AIOps helps with disaster recovery:
- An analytics platform based on AIOps has data on the performance of each endpoint and software system. In case of an IT failure, it quickly analyses the performance data to determine the root cause of the IT incident.
- AIOps can map the links between data entities and quickly discover the root cause of an underlying problem when an IT failure happens. It reduces the MTTD (Mean Time to Detect) for an IT issue and speeds up the restoration of systems back online.
- AIOps also aids in the reduction of alert noise generated by monitoring systems. An AIOps-based analytics platform can resolve all redundant alerts for the same IT incident.
- IT incidents can be prioritised using an AIOps-based analytics platform based on their influence on service availability. AIOps, for example, may spot events that could result in massive data loss. To avoid the loss of information or data, IT teams can promptly resolve those situations first.
- Once the root cause of an IT incident has been determined, AIOps also delivers actionable insights. AI-based tools can help IT teams recognise an IT incident more quickly.
By 2025, the worldwide AI market will be worth more than USD 185 billion. Recent technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) and big data are assisting firms in protecting their critical corporate data. Start implementing AI in disaster recovery to improve service availability!