In this blog post
Datacenter consolidation is one of the organization’s strategy to reduce operating costs by using more efficient technologies. Some of the consolidation technologies used in datacenters today include server consolidation, physical to virtual migration, storage virtualization, network consolidation, replacing bulk servers with smaller blade servers/ converged infrastructure/ hyper converged infrastructure which leads to better capacity planning and leveraging orchestration tools for process automation.
Datacenter consolidation enables operating expenditure optimization by optimal usage of IT infrastructure resources. Enterprises are turning to hyper converged data center solutions to effectively handle operations with respect to space, power, and resource (hardware, software & Human). Even enterprises are considering Hyper converged solution for Disaster Recovery and BCP initiatives.
The extreme dependency of business on data and system capabilities has put datacenter consolidation center stage and it becomes the key differentiator between enterprise’s success and failures.
Benefits of Data consolidation and its impact on Enterprises:
- Accommodates future growth: Datacenter consolidation minimizes financial bottleneck by containing infrastructure cost which helps to build a robust system that can accommodate future growth and provides enterprises the scope to invest on product development and market expansion.
- Optimize business opportunities: Datacenter consolidation helps enterprises to enhance system availability, optimize resource utilization and asset flexibility. It creates a strong IT environment which is flexible, agile and can handle unexpected chances which helps optimize business opportunities.
- Right investment for future Technology: With consolidated infrastructure, enterprise can reduce more operating cost and enhance security by providing Virtual Desktop infrastructure to its users.
- Streamlines data operations: Datacenter consolidation helps disaster recovery compliance and auditing functions to become more organized, easier and less error-prone.
- Improve Security: Datacenter consolidation combined with Identity and Access Management helps to reduce the scope of security failures and provides increased control for IT.
- Effective business operations: Datacenter consolidation manages expensive aging or expensive in-house datacenters.
- Manage financial business aspects: Datacenter consolidation helps reduce high operational costs from energy use, old hardware, redundant personnel.
- Other benefits: Upgrading hardware or software facilities require significant capital investments. Datacenter consolidation reduces this significantly to achieve energy efficiency and sustainability. It helps achieve reliability, connectivity and reduce redundancy that you can’t get in-house.
GAVS’ datacenter offerings cover emerging enterprise requirements which help in migrating and managing geographically dispersed data centers. GAVS’ dedicated datacenter services team along with service management ecosystem provides 24/7 support to its clients’ business processes and helps in smooth transition of datacenter environment. Enterprise can benefit the use of modern hyper-converged infrastructure with zero upfront costs by choosing GAVS’ DCaaS (Datacenter-as-a-service) with easy pay-as-you go model.