In this blog post
Digital transformation in IT operations
The global market value of AIOps is predicted to increase from $2.24 billion in 2017 to $9.90 billion by 2023, as per industry reports. IT organizations, globally, are focusing on digital transformation aggressively. Technologies like AI, Big Data, ML are compelling IT operations’ platforms to modify and adapt to multi-cloud infrastructure. With a vision to explore new arena of opportunities, AIOps can monitor, analyze, correlate and automate, easing IT operations. The focus areas where AIOps plays a key role in enabling digital transformation includes:
- Open data access, where data can be recorded from various authentic sources and can be freed from organizational silos for repetitive analysis
- Big data was initially thought to increase efficiency and decision-making capabilities of enterprises. However, with the expansion of data, things became complex. Here the intervention of AIOps improved the ability to handle huge data thus, expanding the scope of data analysis
- ML can access data from various sources and can modify or create new algorithms without human intervention. AIOps enhances ML’s ability to handle enormous data and at the same time stay aligned to organizational goals
- Data analytics can solve major data related problems in IT domain and on top of that, AIOps could leverage competitive advantage by promising richer business context, short response time and ability to predict potential risk
Scope of AI in IT Ops – are they cost effective?
- With an intent to study time and labor management, any organization will end up spending massively on both, time and money. For that matter, an application programming interface (API), can help a company complete, its reports in no time. This can ramp up the pace of report creation, thus opening a scope for real-time analysis of compliance. Now, that is definitely cost-effective.
- A global recruitment firm increased its hiring ratio by about 8%, through implementation of AI. It helped the firm to identify and match the right skill set along with the prediction for attrition per resource. This proved cost effective since attrition costed the organization up to $25,000 per resource.
- From the operational perspective, in a 24/7 environment, if there is an outage, it will result in a series of logged complaints, which then will become difficult for an individual to manually transcribe. This is where AI plays an important part in identifying the main issues through log analytics.
- Technology like cognitive insight, creates a data pool of wide range of solutions on critical issues. AI bridges the gap between big data and humans through operational intelligence, accuracy and speed, thus making it cost-effective to a great extent.
- Enterprises like Dyn and British Airways suffered Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks post which they implemented cognitive insight which secured their operations.
Cost effective solution of AIOps
Analyzing and managing cost is essential. Doing a cost analysis of cloud with components like IOPs, VMs, storage capacity, bandwidth, API can be tricky and complex. AI implementation can help here to segregate the cost of securing a more accurate IT budget.
• AI and root-cause analysis
AI is very effective in the area of root-cause analysis. It is efficient in locating an issue and creating a remediation for the same, thus solving complex problems in a short span. AIOps helped a US Bank to automate root cause correlation to gather data on customer dissatisfaction and thus, enhancing customer experience.
• Threat detection is now a cakewalk
Through machine learning algorithms, AIOps can learn to detect anomalies and critical issues. GAVS’ security division designed a remedial platform combining ML algorithms and AI’s self-learning capabilities to reduce risk and predict future anomalies on an IT platform, ensuring a secured environment for GAVS’ customers.
• AIOps and its outage forecasting competences
AIOps can forecast outages through data prediction and also increase resource utilization through identifying areas of cross training. The market of forecasting outages through AIOps, is expected to grow from $493.7 million in 2016 to $1.14 billion by 2021, as per industry reports.
• Combining tools for an innovative future
Automation and collaboration of tools can enhance productivity and accuracy. AIOps powered with big data and ML helps in process automation and is used more as a strategic than operational tool. With this merger, data could be analyzed, optimized, and transformed efficiently. In GAVS, the focus is on a “Zero Incident” platform where GAVS can help enterprises to reach Zero Incident state through the above-mentioned collaboration of tools. This will definitely prove cost-effective and enhance the end-user experience.
Solutions built with innovation and cost-efficiency is the key
In their zeal to enter the digitized innovation area, organizations are aggressively trying to locate cost-effective and reliable solutions. GAVS’ zDesk is a DaaS solution that brings down the desktop IT cost, highlighting improved security and increased control. Its improved deployment speed and minimal energy consumption are the few innovative attributes in line with the industry requirements. Although many companies still rely on age old machines and processes which require constant monitoring and human intervention, however, automation of IT operations is a boon, ensuring cost-efficiency across levels.