In this blog post
The Security Center of Excellence was instituted to set standards in the practice and be the point of contact for technical solutions, problem solving, etc. The broad objectives of this CoE are as follows:
- Develop and maintain technical assets that can be leveraged across GAVS.
- Enable Quality Governance by providing support in gating of architecture and design related deliverables.
- Enable Operational Governance by establishing cadence for tech review of projects.
- Create domain-based SMEs within the practice.
- Train and upskill members in the practice.
- Improve customer satisfactory index by implementing new ideas and innovations across all engagements.
- Create additional SOC services for market competency.
- Automation – Detect, investigate and remediate cyberthreats with playbooks and response workflows.
COVID and the changing nature of threat landscape
For many industries, it has been challenging period ever since the COVID outbreak, more so for those in security. Clearly, the bad actors have lot of time at their disposal which is reflective in the innovative techniques being used to attack targets. The level of vigilance required in monitoring the alerts and application of threat hunting techniques is key to diagnosing problems at initial stages of compromise in the worst-case scenario.
For enterprises that have no clue about MDR (Managed Detection and Response), this is a good time for them to start. We have innovative, cost effective solutions – “Make Hay while the Sun shines”. Small and large corporations alike have lost business and money because of lapse in security controls and monitoring. Now is not the time to make headlines that you are the victim of a major breach.
Our team is developing a vulnerability alerting tool, which we intend to equip customers with to provide qualified bulletin alerts, i.e. alerts only on vulnerabilities that affect them. This is a first of a kind in the market. This will greatly benefit existing and new customers.
Expanding into IAM and PAM
Security practice is expanding into Identity & Access Management (IAM) and Privileged Access Management (PAM) services. With new customers being onboarded into this focus areas for products such as Sailpoint, Thycotic, Ping, Cyberark, Okta and Azure PIM, we are expanding our talent pool through recruitment and through training and certification. This should largely benefit our existing customers and prospects who intend to leverage our security practice to fulfil their cyber security needs.
Expansion of our Red Team
Our Red Team within the practice has been expanded with many talented members, including some with bug bounty bragging rights. This has enormously helped in performing intensive tests on our internal product platforms, security assessments for customers. We have also extensively invested on tools for the Red Team to help them reduce assessment times.
With some more analysts having certified across AZ-500, Cyberark and trained on Darktrace. GAVS’ security analysts are taking full advantage to increase their knowledge thanks to the generosity of our alliances and training sites like Pluralsight. Even the mighty Microsoft opened their learning website for free, enabling young talent to equip themselves with critical DevOps and Cloud security skills.
As part of CoE initiatives, we have;
- Aligned our security roadmap based on industry trends and to ensure solutions tailored for customer pain points.
- Extended our SOC practice with IAM and PAM in 2020.
- Identified domain-based SME and product-based SME for quick support.
We are currently in the process of creating security products, GVAS and GSMA, to help customer in proactively identifying and addressing vulnerabilities and self-maturity assessment of their cybersecurity posture. We are also underway to add Operational security to our Security practice.
If you have any questions about the CoE, you may reach out to them at COE_INFOSEC@gavstech.com
CoE Team Members
- Venkatakrishnan A
- Shivaram J
- Alex Nepolian Lawrence
- Ravindran Girikrishnan
- Aravindah Sadhasivam Subramanian
- Vijayakumar Veerapandiyan
- Thubati Uday
- Ganta Venkata Sandeep
- Sundaramoorthy S
- Sukanya Srinivasan