In this blog post
The Java CoE was established to partner with our customers and aid them in realizing business benefits through effective adoption of cutting-edge technologies; thus, enabling customer success.
- Be the go-to team for anything related to Java across the organization and customer engagements.
- Build competency by conducting training and mentoring sessions, publishing blogs, whitepapers and participating in Hackathons.
- Support presales team in creating proposals by providing industry best solutions using the latest technologies, standards & principles.
- Contribute a certain percent of revenue growth along with the CSMs.
- Create reusable artifacts, frameworks, solutions and best practices which can be used across organization to improve delivery quality.
- Design Thinking: Setting up a strong foundation of “Design Thinking and Engineering Mindset” is paramount for any business. We aim to do so in the following way:
2. Solution and Technology: Through our practice, we aim to equip GAVS with solution-oriented technology leaders who can lead us ahead through disruptive times
3. Customer success
- Identify opportunities in accounts based on the collaboration with CSMs, understand customer needs, get details about the engagement, understand the focus areas and challenges.
- Understand the immediate need of the project, provide solution to address the need.
- Java council to help developers arrive at solutions.
- Understand architecture in detail and provide recommendation / create awareness to use new technologies
- Enforce a comprehensive review process to enable quality delivery.
- Formed the CoE team
- Identified the focus Areas
- Identified leads for every stream
- Socialized the CoEwithin GAVS
- Delivered effective solutions across projects to improve delivery quality
- Conducted trainings on standards and design-oriented coding practices across GAVS
- Publishedblogs to bring in design-oriented development practices
- Identified the areas for creating re-usable artefacts (Libraries / Frameworks)
- Brainstormed and finalized the design for creating Frameworks (For the identified areas)
- Streamlined the DevOps process which can be applied in any engagement
- Built reusable libraries, components and frameworks which can be used across GAVS
- Automated the Code Review process
- Organized and conducted hackathons and tech meetups
- Discovered potential technical problems/challenges across teams and offered effective solutions, thereby enabling customer success
- Supported the presales team in creating customized solutions for prospects
- Establishing tech governance and align managers / tech leads to the process
- Setting up security standards and principles across domain
- Buildingmore reusable libraries, components and frameworks which can be used across GAVS
- Adopting Design Patterns / Anti-patterns
- Enforcing a strong review process to bring in quality delivery
- Enabling discussions with the customers
- Setting up a customer advisory team
Contribution to Organizational Growth
As we continue our journey, we aim to support the revenue growth of our organization. Customer Success being a key goal of GAVS, we will continue to enable it by improving the quality of service delivery and building a solid foundation across all technology and process streams. We also want to contribute to the organization by developing a core competency around a strategic capability and reduce knowledge management risks.
If you have any questions about the CoE, you may reach out to them at COE_JAVA@gavstech.com
CoE Team Members
- Lakshminarasimhan J
- Muraleedharan Vijayakumar
- Bipin V
- Meenakshi Sundaram
- Mahesh Rajakumar M
- Ranjith Joseph Selvaraj
- Jagathesewaren K
- Sivakumar Krishnasamy
- Vijay Anand Shanmughadass
- Sathya Selvam
- Arun Kumar Ananthanarayanan
- John Kalvin Jesudhason