In this blog post
One of the major problems facing businesses today is cybersecurity. Enterprises are the target of several breaches and attacks, including DOS attacks and phishing attempts. Businesses are undergoing a digital transformation, which raises the danger of cybersecurity. Do you believe that businesses are using the newest technology to combat cybersecurity threats? As a result, sophisticated attacks are being launched by hackers and other malicious attackers that use technology to their advantage. Businesses must make investments in digital innovation and devise new countermeasures against cybersecurity threats. For increasing service availability and removing cybersecurity threats, DIS (Digital Immune System) driven by AIOps Security has emerged as the ideal solution in recent years. Continue reading to learn more about DIS and the best strategies for protecting your data and infrastructure.
A DIS uses several technologies and procedures to decrease the cybersecurity danger. With a digital immune system, everything is in order, from development to software design. A DIS can automate processes to get rid of typical cybersecurity vulnerabilities. A DIS not only provides better automation capabilities but also a better user interface. The user experience of a DIS is much superior to typical business software solutions. A DIS’s embedded applications, microservices, and other components become more robust. Applications and services inside a DIS can be instantly bought back in the event of any failure. Enterprises will have a greater opportunity to improve observability, and service availability, and remove cybersecurity threats.
According to Gartner, more than 45% of business professionals stated that the main aim of their digital initiatives is to improve the user experience. However, a company cannot compromise its cybersecurity level for boosting the user experience. It is where digital immune systems come into the picture. When the user experience is not compromised due to anomalies, breaches, and cybersecurity threats, the satisfaction level will increase. Software bugs, delays, lags, and common cybersecurity threats are not observed with a DIS. In this era of increasing cyberattacks, digital immunity is a must for organizations.
Understanding how DIS is changing the face of cybersecurity operations
Digital immune systems are being used to great effect by several businesses. DIS is one of the first concepts that comes to mind when discussing the evolution of cybersecurity. The following highlights how DIS will transform cybersecurity activities in 2023:
• A DIS always observes user behavior. If any issue is faced by the user, a DIS will analyze it to find the root cause. Similarly, a DIS also increases the observability level of applications and microservices. Anyone can know what’s happening within an application or a microservice in real time. It allows IT teams to boost the user experience as well as the security level.
• A DIS can automate several cybersecurity processes, thus reducing the manual burden on employees. From finding the root cause of a cybersecurity threat to generating possible actions, a DIS can do several tasks. With the insights generated by a DIS, employees have more time to boost service availability. Automation capabilities also allow a DIS to predict possible threats to an enterprise.
• Besides boosting service reliability, a digital immune system will reduce downtime for an enterprise. Since common cybersecurity threats like malware and phishing attacks are eliminated, the system does not go down abruptly. Customers, employees, and other users can always access the services with a DIS.
• Critical information is stored in software systems owned by an enterprise. If this data gets into the wrong hands, a business will lose its hard-earned reputation. Luckily, a DIS prevents data breaches and stores the data securely.
• A DIS can prevent financial loss in several ways. When the service availability and uptime are high, the business will not miss out on monetary profits. Also, a DIS will prevent data breaches and associated financial losses. Another benefit of a DIS is that it can maintain regulatory compliance. A business will not have to pay fines due to violating regulatory compliance norms. A DIS can automate several compliance activities and reduce the pressure on employees.
As you can see, a digital immune system for businesses has a lot of advantages. Digital immune systems are anticipated to become stronger and more resilient because of businesses investing more in research and development.
DIS best practices for protecting your infrastructure and data
The data produced by enterprises is significantly increasing. Similarly, the size of infrastructure is also increasing for organisations. Gone are the days when an on-premise infrastructure only had a few connected endpoints. At present, enterprises use more software systems, applications, endpoints, and network devices. It is essential to secure the data and infrastructure with the help of digital immune systems. Here are some of the best practices to secure your data and boost service reliability:
• Enterprises must look at coupling digital immune systems with the latest technologies. Recently, many enterprises have started using AIOps-led digital immune systems for better results. AIOps not only increase automation powers but also makes cybersecurity proactive.
• Enterprises must invest in chaos engineering for uncovering the weakness of a digital immune system. Experimental testing of software systems can uncover vulnerabilities and weaknesses. Why wait for a cyberattack to know a vulnerability when testing techniques are available?
• A DIS allows organisations to detect cybersecurity threats in advance. However, the enterprise must also take responsibility for becoming more proactive. The cybersecurity evolution will happen when an enterprise moves from reactive to proactive security. Employees must be willing to identify and work on cybersecurity threats before they disrupt service reliability.
Because of growing cybersecurity threats, firms must adopt new practices. Installing automated digital immune systems is part of it. A DIS combines software design, development, and automation to deliver stringent cybersecurity. AIOps Security-powered modern forms of digital immune systems are also being used by organizations. These technologies can predict potential threats and provide security personnel with useful information. It serves no purpose to be concerned about costs while installing a DIS. A DIS can cost more in front, but it will end up saving you more money over time. Immediately install digital immune systems!