In this blog post
AIOps for Device Failure Prediction
In today’s digital world, businesses rely on software systems to provide services to their customers. Over the years, the number of software systems utilised by businesses has expanded. In addition, the complexity of software systems has grown over time. There is a risk of low service availability if corporate organisations do not monitor the performance of their software systems.
The software systems related to the IT infrastructure are essential to critical business operations. If one of the critical software systems fails, the service’s reliability and availability will suffer. Continue reading to see how AIOps can aid in the prediction of device failure and the maintenance of high service availability.
Predicting Device/App Failures Challenges
With legacy tools, it’s difficult to foresee device failures due to the rising complexity of business apps and software systems. Performance monitoring tools from the past are no longer relevant for modern software systems. It is why business organizations are moving towards new-age technologies for device performance monitoring. Application performance monitoring with AIOps is the new trend in the industry. Some of the challenges faced by business organizations for application performance monitoring with legacy tools are as follows:
- Due to increased demands, development cycles of software systems are getting shorter. Development teams must provide fast feedback regarding device performance. Traditional monitoring tools do not provide expansive insights to generate feedbacks quickly.
- The data generated by business organizations is more than ever. Since organizations cannot bring all types of data to one place, silos are formed. It is never easy to perform real-time performance monitoring when there are many data silos.
- Traditional application performance monitoring tools can inform about a device failure after it has occurred. Since organizations cannot predict performance issues, they will only act after an incident has hampered the service availability.
- Since more customers are using business apps, it is hard to keep track of the customer data. Let alone fixing app performance issues in real-time to satisfy customers.
- Business organizations must review many IT incidents in a day. It is hard to prioritize incidents with an outdated monitoring system. The traditional monitoring systems do not aid in prioritizing IT incidents based on their impacts on service availability.
- Business organizations use many digital channels to provide services to clients and customers. It is hard to perform RUM (Real User Monitoring) and synthetic monitoring when many customers are using the digital channels at once.
- Business organizations do not know about their software systems as well as they should know. Due to low observability, businesses cannot know about the internal states of their software systems.
- The performance of a software system slowly degrades with time. If one cannot know about the performance degradation, a software system may stop working suddenly.
Understanding how AIOps has changed Application Performance Monitoring?
Predictive analytics models are used by AI-based tools to predict device failures and performance issues. The top AIOps tools and applications can gather data from multiple sources and consolidate it in one place. AIOps is a centralised monitoring solution for your company. It studies the relationships between data sets to identify anomalies. Whenever an anomaly occurs, it informs the system administrator by generating an alert. AIOps makes sure that crucial software systems in your IT setup never stop working. Based on the performance metrics, AIOps can predict device failures. A business organization can take proactive steps to ensure device failures never occur.
AIOps collects data from digital channels and software systems. It then brings the data together in one place for analysis and reporting. AIOps can know about the internal state of business apps and software systems by studying the external factors. With high observability, you can know about performance degradation beforehand. You will have ample time to work on the performance issues and avoid device failures. A business organization can scale its software systems and digital channels according to the demands of the customer. Your crucial business apps and software systems will be up and running all the time. When the uptime of your software system increases, service availability also increases.
What Are the Benefits of AIOps for Incident Management?
The monitoring system raises an alarm when a performance issue arises. Each IT incident is assigned a ticket by IT teams in order to identify it. Occasionally, multiple tickets are issued for the same performance issue. Consider the case when your business app’s or website’s feedback feature isn’t working. Multiple users have reported the same problem, and each time a new ticket is produced. IT personnel will lose time detecting redundant tickets, causing service reliability to suffer. It’s here that AIOps comes in, removing duplicate tickets for the same performance issue. The following is how AIOps improves incident management:
- The best AIOps tools and products perform real-time monitoring of complex software systems. If a performance issue occurs, you will know immediately. AIOps can also predict performance hassles based on performance metrics and historical data.
- Once a performance issue occurs, AIOps based analytics platforms identify its impact on the service reliability. If the possible impact on service availability is high, you can start fixing the performance issue right away.
- If numerous performance issues occur simultaneously, AIOps will aid in ranking them based on their impacts on business continuity. The most crucial performance issues will be fixed first by IT teams.
- AIOps will aid in finding the person responsible for fixing any performance issue. Business organizations have successfully decreased their MTTA (Mean Time to Acknowledge) after using AIOps based analytics platforms.
- AIOps will also provide actionable insights to fix performance issues faster. Once a performance issue has occurred, AIOps will remember it forever. Next time the same performance issue occurs, AIOps will help in fixing it faster.
Many businesses invested in AIOps to improve their remote IT infrastructures during the recent COVID pandemic. By 2030, the AIOps business will have a global turnover of more than USD 500 billion. AIOps can also help you improve the uptime of your software systems. AIOps can help you fix performance issues and increase service availability.