In this blog post
AI in mobile tech world
This is the era of the fourth industrial revolution where technology without artificial intelligence (AI) is unimaginable. With the global acceptance of AI, it has encompassed all spheres, touching human life in several ways that also includes the mobile tech world. Research indicates that AI is rapidly gaining popularity, tech giants like Baidu and Google have already spent between $20 to $30 billion on AI to improve IT operations. Segments like healthcare, education, finance and IT ops are investing heavily in AI, however the prominence of AI in mobile tech world deserves a special mention.
Importance of AI in mobile app
The focus of AI is to develop intelligent machines that think, work and learn from experiences like humans. When AI joined hands with machine learning, the ability to analyze visual inputs such as gesture, object, and facial recognition was made seamless. For such AI mobile applications are as follows:
- An iPhone app powered by AI can enhance perception, apply reason and even solve problems
- Again, AI Robin is a voice assistant that can assist in reading text and other searched information along with voice GPS navigation
- Google Smart App can simplify messaging
- Hound is a voice search engine which makes information handy on a voice command
Deployment of AI in mobile app
AI uses the modest process of trial and error to learn about a solution when it comes to developing mobile app. Through this method, various attempts are made to locate the appropriate solution. Then that solution is stored for future usage, considering it as a reference point for similar circumstances. Along with the solution, the mobile app developers are also focusing on drawing appropriate inferences to enhance the interaction process. This helps users reach predefined solutions addressing various device problems.
Example of AI apps
The following are the existing apps that provides an enriched user experience:
- Replika is an advanced AI app for iPhone that covers several aspects of a user’s life. This app can have conversations with the user like a real person.
- App Airpoly can identify three objects in a single second.
- Companies like Amazon, Apple, Artificial Solutions, Google, IBM, IPsoft, Microsoft and Satisfi are depending upon virtual agents like chat bots or voice managers to cater to the customer support need.
- SMACC simplifies finance and account management making the process error free.
- Cortana can assess relevant information, sort them and deliver services efficiently like scheduling meetings, sending emails, tracking events, sharing updates and reminders.
- Hound can recognize voice command to search songs and videos or weather. It can also set alarm, search nearby restaurant or book an Uber ride.
- Personal assistant like Siri became popular with its voice interface in place. It assists in phone and text actions, can provide information about weather and currency, schedule events, set reminders and provides an engaging experience.
- My Starbucks Barista mobile app enabled customers to place their orders by mentioning it to the app.
- Taco Bot launched by Taco Bell recommended personalized menu considering user-specific purchase trends.
Productivity apps powered by AI can be very useful in streamlining competences. For example, Google’s “G Suite” and Microsoft Office 365 and Delve can auto generate response and search relevant information.
This app powered by AI is used for predictive analysis especially in tourism industry to predict price patterns so that customers can plan visit to their favorite destination efficiently.
Technologies empowering apps
In order to create apps empowered with AI, developers ensure they choose an appropriate platform and install features keeping the end user preferences in mind. The technologies that improve app performance and competitiveness include:
- Speech to text (STT) and text to speech (TTS) engine that converts voice to text message and vice versa.
- Tagging helps the app analyze users’ requirement.
- Noise reduction engine eliminates white noise improving voice command capacity.
- Voice biometrics and recognition works as an authentication for refining security.
Technologies and companies associated with it
|Natural Language Recognition||Speech Recognition Technology||Machine Learning Platform||Image or Emotion Recognition|
Impact of AI on app competitiveness
Innovation has led end users expect better performance from mobile apps. Retail giants like eBay and Amazon have already proved the worth of AI in mobile apps. AI-enabled apps engage its user and strategically secure the brand, enhancing productivity and helps reduce errors. The algorithms present will adjust the app and forms more meaningful and context-rich prospects to keep end-users engaged. AI-aided chatbots on mobile devices use standard messaging tools and voice-activated interfaces, this reduces data collection time and simplifies the task. Also, user specific personalization will help with mundane or repeatable tasks. It even has a great impact in healthcare industry where reliability, predictability, consistency, quality and patient safety has seen improvements with the usage of AI-enabled apps.
AI in app market based on geography
The following geographical areas indicate extensive impact of AI on mobile app:
- North America
- South America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
AI driven opportunities
AI has opened a horizon of new opportunities through app competitiveness
- Smart interaction through chatbots
- Deep personalization through speech recognition
- Special opinion through recommendation services
- Intellectual answers through learning behavior pattern
We can conclude that AI has a dramatic impact on transformation and competitiveness of mobile app. As per market research, this competition is yet to increase by 2020 since more organizations globally are investing in AI for revenue improvements and cost reductions. The deployment rates among different industry verticals have surged exponentially over the fast few years.
There has been a marked increase in the number of cyberattacks reported by organizations post-COVID, and the healthcare industry is no exception. Even with security measures and regulations like HIPAA and GDPR to safeguard PII, PHI, EMR, HER, Healthcare organizations have fallen prey to various cyberattacks as managing threats becomes increasingly difficult.
Industries like retail or e-commerce largely depend on strong customer relationships and constantly work towards improving engagement with their clients. This is where AIOps digital transformation solutions come in. The current valuation of the AIOps market is estimated to be around $1.5 billion and is further expected to go up by at least 15% in the next few years.
In the past few years, AI has proved transformational for numerous industries, including the manufacturing and logistics industry. AIOps (Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations) is being used by manufacturing and logistics firms to improve their productivity.