zMan is a powerful automation tool (zMan) by GAVS for IT processes/workflows to empower IT staff to focus on more complex and challenging assignments demanding their time. All the mundane, cumbersome or simple, repetitive tasks typically being performed day-to-day by IT staff can be fully or partially automated with an intuitive workflow design using pre-coded activities and templates. zMan helps boost the organization’s bottom line by turbo-charging the problem resolution/turnaround times. This is made possible by zMan’s ability to handle incident responses and remediation on auto-pilot mode. Substantial cost savings and benefits accrue from reduced resources, reduced MTTR on incidents, and enhanced customer satisfaction / service levels.
zMan does not require any piece of code/script/tools to be installed on target machines. It is an intuitive workflow/activity based tool that can be used to create automated process workflows from a rich repository of pre-coded activities and templates. The repository consists of about 500 activities, 120 templates for wide range of products such as Active Directory, BMC Remedy, Cisco, Communications (Emails), Compressions, Databases (DB2, MySQL, Oracle), Execution of OS commands, Files & Folder operations, FTP, IVR, Math & Memory functions and lot more...There is no coding or programming skills required to create and deploy automated workflows. It can be installed on-premise or on cloud, on physical or virtual servers. zMan has integration packs for all market leading ITSM tools: AD, BMC Remedy, CA Spectrum, HP Operations Manager, HP Service Manager, JIRA, Nagios, Microsoft SCOM, Service Now, Solarwinds, Splunk, Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus and VMware vSphere.
Also works as a full Self-service portal for end-users/admins/IT help desk...
Many trivial tasks such as password-reset for an end-user, can now be directly handled by end-user without intervention of IT help desk staff. That is a huge cost/time saver!!!
zMan’s Self Service Portal for help desk staff empowers them to address and resolve various requests that cannot/ should not be directly controlled and handled by end-users (such as File & Folder access privileges, Web/Network/Email access requests) with minimal effort. This directly translates into increased customer satisfaction levels and better metrics.
Many day-to-day housekeeping tasks typically performed by system administrators consume a major chunk of their time/efforts such as scheduled monitoring of free disk space, availability and running status of critical system services, remote servers, URLs etc. zMan Self Service Portal for administrators adds a lot more punch to their work by simplifying and automating their tasks so they are free to focus on more strategic activities and projects.
Partial list of tasks that can be automated with zMan
- User accounts management on AD
- Critical system services status check and restart as necessary
- Remote server shutdown/restart on request
- Disk space monitoring and free-up
- Process CPU/memory status checks and reporting
- Incident management – Notification & escalations
- Run books for wide range of system, network, application tasks
- File and folder management (Ex: move, copy, compress)
- Monitor event logs across hosts, with remedial actions where possible
- SQL queries, statements
- VMware instances, snapshots
- OS, Application inventory reports
zMan – goes BEYOND DevOps
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for target environments on Azure cloud
- Goes beyond traditional DevOps Platforms by maintaining meta data about applications stacks, versions, environments and deployments
- Switch between deployment versions - Revert environment to previous state
- Apply complex change sets to existing infrastructure with minimal human interaction
- Integrated with service desk tools for auto identification of incidents
- Truly enterprise class automation platform built on industry standard framework
- Highly scalable tool for adapting new changes
- Secure from a DC perspective, no password stored across system