DevOps is a new discipline that complements the Agile Delivery models for software engineering by bringing in Automation and Monitoring on the IT side and leverages Cloud computing concepts. DevOps leverages collaboration, tool-chain pipelines, automation and Cloud adoption. The immediate benefits can be observed as improved processes, more standardizations and building trust and improve productivity across development, QA and IT operations teams.
Value of DevOps
- Faster Time to Market
- Improved Quality
- Better Organization Effectiveness
- Drives Business Agility through Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of Products
- Improves infrastructure provisioning through automated deployments and self service portals
- Speeds Deployments by aligning development and operations with Enterprise Architecture guidelines
- Improves Production Performance Monitoring and Proactive Incident Management through Automation, Development and Collaboration
- Strengthens Service Delivery, Automation of Dev + QA + Ops Processes and Management with a Common Lifecycle View
Cases that DevOps
DevOps platform offers an integrated solution of application/service development, testing, deployment, scaling and monitoring, as well as ensure software quality, security, availability, reliability and performance.
In the current world there is a dramatic shift in larger organizations openness to look at open source technologies and cloud platforms to leverage the benefits of cost, scale and open architectures. DevOps can help solve critical business case in following areas:
- DevOps Driven Engineering for Continuous Integration for Dev and Ops
- Infrastructure Automation for Cloud and Private Data Centre Support
- Cloud Management for Application Release Orchestration and Cloud Recipes
- Cloud Command Centre for Performance Monitoring and optimizations, Proactive corrective actions (Watch-list), Business Operations Monitoring
How can the DevOps
Platform be used by enterprises?
DevOps platform is available in both On-Premise and Hosted mode and supports multiple Private and Public Cloud deployments options.
Key components of the
The DevOps Platform is created with a loosely couple architecture modelled around the following key roles. It currently supports two technology stacks:
- Open Source based tools with support for Private and Public Clouds
- Microsoft Software Stack of Tools on Azure